TRAVEL TO KRAKOW
Multiple airlines operate direct flights (some daily) from major European airports to John Paul II International Airport in Krakow. Participants can also choose to fly to other destinations, like Warsaw Chopin Airport, and then take a train to Kraków (around three-hour journey).
Transfer from Krakow airport: by train, bus, taxi
(taxi transfer from the airport to most hotels is between 22 and 40 minutes)
• Katowice airport (110 km from Krakow)
(shuttle service to Krakow hotels available)
• Main Polish hub: Warsaw Chopin Airport (280 km from Krakow)
Once you arrive at Krakow Airport, you can easily reach the city center:
• It takes 15-20 minutes to reach Krakow Main Train Station from Krakow’s airport.
Trains operate 7 days a week.
• Please check the current timetable here.
• The adult fare (‘normal’) is 17.00 PLN (approximately 3.80 EUR).
• Tickets can be purchased from ticket machines (passenger terminal, train station) or from a train conductor once aboard. We suggest getting them from ticket machines.
The biggest railway station in Kraków is the Main Train Station (Dworzec Główny). It is situated close to the Old Town. Krakow has direct railway connections with Poland’s largest cities as well as with various European capital cities.
There are fast train connections with Warsaw (Poland’s capital city) every 1 – 2 hours. The trains are modern, comfortable and the journey takes just 3 hours. Tickets can be bought online. The prices from/to Warsaw, one-way, second class, with the fastest train cost around 170 PLN (approximately 35.00 EUR).
The international train connections search: international train connections
• Public buses stop near the Krakow airport’s passenger terminal.
• Bus lines 209 and 300 (and 902 during the night) connect the Airport with the city. 300 (Szwedzka, Rondo Grunwaldzkie, Os. Podwawelskie); 209 (Salwator); 902 (Main train station)
• Single adult ticket is 6.00 PLN (approximately 1.35 euro).
The biggest bus station is situated at Bosacka Street, next to the Main Train Station.
The international bus connections search (write Krakow as Cracow): international bus connections
The easiest way to reach Kraków by car is along the A4 motorway bypassing the city to the south.
The motorway toll rate varies depending on the size of the vehicle and the section of the route (car toll: around 20.00 – 40.00 PLN or 4.00 – 8.00 EUR). Please bear in mind that there is limited public parking for cars in Krakow, and there are parking meters in the central zone. It is likely to be difficult to park the car once you get there. Typically hotels have their own parking facilities.